List of Holistic Rehabs in Alabama
Below is a list of the different holistic drug rehab centers in Alabama. Each listing provides information on the types of services provided and the payment options available. You can also find accreditations and certifications to help you determine if the rehab center is trusted and has the expertise you are looking for. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Address of the center
Address of the center
TIPS: If you feel you're going to use
- Call your sponsor or a friend who doesn’t use it and understands your situation.
- Extrovert your attention. Walking and spending time outside can be very therapeutic.
- Find a hobby or activity to take your mind off of using. (i.e., art, music, cooking, gardening)
- Find a purpose in your life and pursue it. (i.e., school, career, volunteering)
- Recognize the people in your environment who affect you emotionally. They could be one of the reasons for your emotional problems.
- Make sure to eat healthy foods. A deficiency in vitamins and minerals can create a drop in mental and physical energy.
TIPS: If you want to help someone
- Don’t enable the addict. This includes not giving him any money, not paying their rent, etc.
- Encourage the person to seek help. This can be done by finding a treatment or a form of support.
- Be aware of signs of overdose. If you see one of your friends blacking out, or showing other severe side effects, get help immediately.
- Support the person while they look for rehab since the process can be overwhelming.
- Don’t wait for rock bottom; it may be too late.
ASK A PROFESSIONAL
Holistic drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs provide treatment for substance abuse without the use of chemical interventions. Instead of treating drug use with other drugs and medications, holistic rehabs use alternative natural methods. And because these programs attempt to address the underlying causes of addiction, they can take longer than other traditional methods on average.
Holistic treatment programs create a solid recovery foundation based on abstinence and relapse prevention. Since patients aren’t given unnecessary drugs and medications, they develop skills and often find confidence in sobriety that is difficult to achieve elsewhere. These programs target the core issues that lead people to use substances to cope with life, so those who succeed with holistic rehab often don’t need subsequent treatment or a strict regimen of support after completion.
Holistic treatment may be the best option for someone who hasn’t found success with previous treatment episodes or traditional models that utilize medication to treat substance use disorder. For example, suppose someone relapses after completing traditional avenues that place them on Suboxone or methadone. In that case, they may find that the approach of complete abstinence and the alternative therapies provided by a holistic program gives them better control over their recovery.
After completing holistic rehab, most people follow their aftercare plan that was thoroughly developed while in treatment. It may include participating in support group meetings or outpatient services, but many holistic programs graduates find they don’t need them. Depending on the program, there may be in-house services the graduate can attend after completion on an outpatient basis, but each program may approach aftercare differently.