Treatment Centers Using Buprenorphine In Alaska
For many opiate users throughout the state of Alaska, it can be difficult to find help as the state has some very remote locations, but within the large cities, there are some useful drugs and alcohol treatment resources available to help addicts overcome their addiction. There are different drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment resources located throughout the state, and many detox facilities that are able to treat opioid dependency. Included in these resources are centers that can administer Buprenorphine as part of the treatment process; this particular drug prevents withdrawal symptoms, and is also used in combination with Naloxone for a maintenance program for addicts, as the drug does prevent overdoes if addict uses opiates while taking these medications.
Did you know this about Buprenorphine Detox?
Buprenorphine is a partial μ-opioid agonist and κ-opioid antagonist with a long half-life and less abuse potential than methadone. For detoxification, buprenorphine is at least equivalent to methadone and is superior to clonidine.
This treatment process has helped addicts get over the initial withdrawal hump from opiate abuse, and has allowed many addicts to successfully complete a drug treatment program. It is the fear of the withdrawals that prevents addicts from entering into treatment, as most opiate users are not able to get through the withdrawal pains. Once over this first step, they will be able to handle the underlying issues of their addiction and move on to live a drug-free life.
Alaska Buprenorphine Detox Programs
Throughout the state of Alaska are many different types of drug rehabilitation and detox programs, but there are no services for Buprenorphine detox. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration do not list any resources operating within the state for people who require a Buprenorphine detox. In order to locate this type of service, a patient will have to search out of state for the help they need.
What is Buprenorphine detox?
A Buprenorphine detox is a controlled medical detox process, where a person who on either a large or small amount of Buprenorphine. The detox process will help them gradually taper off the drug, and will assist with controlling their withdrawal symptoms. Once an addict gets down to the lower amounts of the drug, the more intense the withdrawals will become. Typically other medications are prescribed to help the patient through this process, and this may include anti-anxiety medications.
Alaska Payment Options
- Alaska Drug & Alcohol Rehabs with Private Pay
- Alaska Free or Low-Budget Programs
- Alaska Rehab Centers with ATR Programs
- Alaska Rehab Centers with EAP
- Alaska Rehabs Covered by Private Health Insurance
- Alaska Rehabs with Payment Assistance
- Alaska Rehabs with Sliding Fee Scale
- Alaska State Financed Drug Rehabs
Search Alaska Special Addiction Services
- Alaska Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Alaska Assistance for the Hearing Impaired Drug Rehab
- Alaska Christian Rehab Centers
- Alaska Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Alaska Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Alaska Drug Rehab Centers for Addicts with HIV/AIDS
- Alaska Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Alaska Experiential Therapy
- Alaska Holistic Programs
- Alaska Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Alaska Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Alaska Nutritional Counseling
- Alaska Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Alaska Workplace Services
Alaska Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Alaska
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Alaska
- Crack Cocaine Rehab Facilities in Alaska
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Alaska
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Alaska
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Alaska
- Over the Counter Rehab Facilities in Alaska
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Alaska
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Alaska
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Alaska
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Alaska
- Prescription Drugs Rehab Centers in Alaska
- Street Drugs Treatment Centers in Alaska
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Alaska
Alaska Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families