According to SAMHSA, there are 500 detox in California. These detox programs include over 40 medical detox centers and over 150 outpatient detox programs. In addition, patients can access over 300 residential detox programs across the state. The purpose of detox is to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
LIST OF DETOX IN CALIFORNIA
Below, you will find a list of Medical Detox for Opiates, Medication, and Alcohol Abuse in California. These facilities are medically supervised but you should reconfirm with the facilities. The list maybe incomplete and if you have a hard time finding the proper service, call a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Addicted.org recommends that detox be considered a replacement for formal therapy and counseling. Detoxifying off drugs and alcohol does not necessarily mean an addict has overcome their addiction. Detox should be the first step, followed by long-term residential programs or treatment that meets individual recovery goals.
Our directory of programs provides a comprehensive list of numerous drug detox centers in California. Contact one of our addictions counselors for more information, or consult our directory. Our professionals aim to help you find the best possible regular detox or medical detox in California.
What is Drug Detox?
TIPS: If you are going to detox
- Never stop taking the medication without consulting a doctor.
- Get a professional assessment to determine if you need medical detox.
- Do not abruptly stop using large amounts of alcohol or certain drugs without consulting a medical professional.
- Get medical support through a good California detox center or advice from your doctor when detoxing from alcohol, opioids, and benzodiazepines.
- Holistic detox approaches can be effective, especially when withdrawal symptoms are mild and do not require medication assistance.
- Make sure to eat healthy foods and get plenty of sleep to help your body heal.
Paying for Drug Detox in California
According to SAMHSA, the following payment options are accepted at drug detox programs in California:
- 190 programs accept Medi-Cal (Medicaid)
- 488 facilities take private health insurance plans, but coverage varies.
- 548 programs are cash or self-payment options.
- 201 drug detox centers take federal military insurance, typically TRICARE.
- 60 programs offer payment assistance, but you should check with the facility.
Demographic Specific Detox Services
According to SAMHSA, the following drug and alcohol detox programs are available for specific demographics:
- 364 operate as men-only treatment.
- 374 programs for adult women specifically.
- 33 centers provide specific services for adolescents.
- 235 facilities are available for veterans.
- 218 programs for pregnant and postpartum women only.
Detox Centers Using Opioids in California
According to SAMHSA, the following opioid treatment options are available:
- 125 federally certified Opioid Treatment Programs.
- 401 programs prescribe Buprenorphine.
- 356 facilities offer Naltrexone.
- 306 centers accept clients using Medication-Assisted Treatment but prescribed elsewhere.
It is the professional opinion of addicted.org that medications are effective during withdrawal management. However, too many individuals become dependent on them after treatment. It generally ends up replacing one drug with another drug. The goal or focus should be drug-free living.