List of Additional Resources
Unfortunately, there are not any holistic drug rehab centers located in Washington D.C. To help you find the treatment you need, we have included additional services in the surrounding area. While this may be inconvenient, being away from home can be therapeutic. Not being close to where someone is using drugs and alcohol can help focus on their recovery.
Commitment to Quality
Addicted.org's team of addiction professionals has over 100 years of combined experience in the field of substance use and addiction recovery. They use this experience when assessing each service listed in our directory. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding any of the listings in our directory, you can contact the team directly at Communications@addicted.org. We will utilize your feedback to make any necessary updates to our list of services.
Holistic Drug Rehab
TIPS: If you feel you're going to use
- Call your sponsor or a friend who doesn't use it and understands your situation.
- Extrovert your attention. Walking and spending time outside can be very therapeutic.
- Find a hobby or activity to take your mind off of using. (i.e., art, music, cooking, gardening)
- Find a purpose in your life and pursue it. (i.e., school, career, volunteering)
- Recognize the people in your environment who affect you emotionally. They could be one of the reasons for your emotional problems.
- Make sure to eat healthy foods. A deficiency in vitamins and minerals can create a drop in mental and physical energy.
TIPS: If you want to help someone
- Don't enable the addict. This includes not giving him any money, not paying their rent, etc.
- Encourage the person to seek help. This can be done by finding a treatment or a form of support.
- Be aware of signs of overdose. If you see one of your friends blacking out, or showing other severe side effects, get help immediately.
- Support the person while they look for rehab since the process can be overwhelming.
- Don't wait for rock bottom; it may be too late.
After completing a holistic rehab in the District of Columbia, it is critical to arrange aftercare support, initially after treatment. Holistic support is commonly found in outpatient therapy or even at a sober living home. Other aftercare options, such as recovery meetings or sober coaching, could also be included with a holistic approach. There are excellent aftercare options in DC to help with the recovery journey.