Methadone Detox Clinics In the United States
It is said that coming off methadone is 4 times harder than coming off heroin. Withdrawal symptoms can last up to 6 months, and most people revert due to the pain and discomfort that can go on for quite a long time. It is not entirely known why this is, but it is known that this drug stays in the body for a very long time.
The withdrawal symptoms for methadone can be physically and mentally hard on the individual, especially since people have often been taking the drug for a long time. These symptoms can include anxiety, pain Trying to quit methadone on your own is not recommended. The body uses methadone as a way to function and taking it away can cause severe symptoms. Therefore, it is highly recommended to consider doing a medically supervised detox to avoid or at least mitigate the following withdrawal symptoms:
- Cramping of stomach/bowels
- Profuse sweating
- Bone pain
- Trouble swallowing
- Weakness and dehydration
Talk to the counsellors at addicted.org who can recommend a safe detox facility to help you or your loved one to get through the methadone withdrawal symptoms safely and reasonably comfortably.
Did you know this about methadone detox?
Methadone is commonly used to treat opioid addiction, but also to treat pain. But, it is extremely addictive and because the withdrawal symptoms can be intense, it is not recommended to get off of it on your own..
Getting help with methadone addiction
Fortunately, there are programs specifically designed to detox people struggling with methadone addiction. The facilities which offer methadone detoxification provide the necessary elements to a safe detox. Most of these detox centers will have medical professionals who are there to monitor the patient and make sure his health is not endangered during this process. However, we cannot guarantee that all the methadone detox facilities we have listed are medically supervised. You should definitely call the center and verify this information with them. It is always better to seek a holistic methadone detox to avoid a continuation of addiction to some other drugs – once through the drug detox program it is regularly the best to be completely drug free so one can do a rehab program free of any ongoing addiction.
Can stopping methadone cold turkey cause death?
Depending on the amount being taken and the length of time, yes, the possibilities of death occurring are very high. Methadone is highly addictive and creates a very dangerous physical dependency in the body. Going through a medical detox program with doctor supervision is always the safest way to stop using this drug.
How long does methadone stay in your system?
Having the ability to be detected in blood, urine, and saliva a methadone drug test will give a positive result based on the metabolism rate of your body. However, for urine tests, it can be detected for 2 up to 4 days.
- Amerigroup Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Emblem/GHI-HIP Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Fidelis Care Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Health Net Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Healthfirst Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Kaiser Permanente Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Magellan Health Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- MedCost Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- MHN Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Molina Healthcare Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Multiplan Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Neighborhood Health Plan Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Optum Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Oscar Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- The Holman Group Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.