Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers In Maine
What are the various types of drug and alcohol rehabs available in Maine? Should you attend a rehabilitation program in a different state, or it is best to stay within the Maine? Where do we start?
Addicted.org has developed a database of over 4000 different rehabilitation treatments for alcohol and drug dependency such as outpatient, withdrawal management facilities, residential facilities and no-cost addiction treatments in the U.S. We can suggest one that would fit your budget.
An assessment will be conducted over the phone by a certified counselor, to generate the best advice for rehab treatment options. We have helped thousands of people across the U.S. with drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment.
Addicted.org has a unique personalized approach. The first counselor you contact will be designated to you. At anytime you will be able to contact this counselor until you or the person addicted to alcohol or drugs are in a rehab treatment. When you contact Addicted.org, You become the most important person.
Did you know this about Maine?
Services available in Maine:
- Detox Centers
- Prevention Programs
- Inpatient Rehabs
- Outpatient Services
- Support Services
Maine Drug Abuse Facts
Additionally, local authorities cite that regions along the Canadian/US border have existing problems with the abuse and availability of certain Canadian-made "club drugs," such as "Yaba'" tablets and "Enhanced Ecstasy."
Cocaine is available across the state of Maine in relatively small dosage. Although most of the cocaine is obtained locally by suppliers, it has been reported that some cocaine sources stem from as far as the states of New York and New Jersey. The drug, which is also used to produce crack cocaine, has been increasing in popularity in southern and central regions of Maine. Drug traffickers are known to travel by road to obtain supplies of the drug. It is known that the most important distribution points are located in Portland and Lewiston.
Maine's increasing availability of heroin is a problem which stems from the Massachusetts-based drug traffickers supplying to the local Maine distributors, who will smuggle the drug through transportation via vehicles. Heroin abuse and distribution is mostly prevalent in southern part of the state, and in regions bordering Canada.
Marijuana is the illegal drug of choice for Maine, which can be found and is available in abundance due to multiple local cultivators and high-grade marijuana being smuggled in from Canada, as well as lower grade marijuana, which is acquired from sources in southern New England and New York. Larger shipment of the drug is commonly smuggled into the state of Maine via motorized transportation means, but is also known to make its way into the state from Canada by traffickers on foot or by water, avoiding zones, which are monitored and guarded by law enforcement.
Hashish, which is a resin counterpart extracted from the cannabis plant, is available in smaller quantities and distributed by motorcycle gangs, which operate along the Canadian border. Although hashish is not as popular as marijuana and more scarce, authorities consider the mere presence of this hashish trafficking a potential threat for increase abuse in the State in the future.
Although not as severe a problem as cocaine or marijuana, methamphetamine abuse and availability are still of concern for certain regions of Maine, namely Aroostook County, where authorities report that low-quality meth is finding its way into the state from California via mail. Groups responsible for the trafficking of methamphetamine have been tied to outlaw motorcycle gangs. No methamphetamine seizures have been conducted by the law enforcement since 2005.
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
Once a successful detox has been completed, a patient can make a transition into the treatment and therapy process. As many detox centers are directly part of a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program, the client may just be transitioning into the treatment process at the same facility. In other cases, the detox facility may have been a separate entity all together, and the patient should have an outpatient or residential drug rehab program lined up when they complete detox. It is important to understand that simply going through a detox will not handle the underlying issues of addiction. There are many different residential and outpatient facilities located all throughout the state of Maine, and these services offer different methods to help treat addiction.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services in Maine
The state in Main operates a Department of Health and Human Services, which does provide substance abuse and mental health services for all the residents living across the state. Maine counties offer individual services, community programs, and workplace solutions, all of which can help address substance abuse and mental health problems with men, women, teens, and children. Addiction assessment services are provided throughout the state, and do help offer refined searches for suitable drug and alcohol treatment, and facilities that will be able to cater to specific needs. Outside of traditional twelve-step programs, not every drug rehab center will offer the same treatment methods for their clients. Every addict will require something a little different, as each addict will respond differently to treatment.
Drug Treatment Covered by Health Insurance
Substance abuse treatment services in the state can be covered by a persons health insurance, other programs will be private facilities, while other services are low cost or offer free treatment for their clients. Special services and treatment facilities, which offer specialized drug treatment, are available within the state of Maine. These services can include gender and age specific services, faith-based programs, Indian and Native treatment programs, and drug rehab facilities equipped to help persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders. These specialized services in the state help ensure every type of addiction and problem an addict may be facing can be helped.
Medical Detox Centers
Drug detox is usually the first step within the whole treatment process, and detox centers are set up to handle all types of addiction. Within the state of Maine are many different options offering different methods to help detox addicts. There are facilities in the state, which do provide detox from Methadone, while other services will utilize Suboxone in the treatment process. Traditional detox centers are available, which can handle most drugs, but in some cases a patient may require a medically supervised detox and withdrawal program. Drug treatment centers in the state do offer home detox kits for clients who wish to detox at home, but the success of this process may not be as good as going through a detox in a supervised facility.
Maine Payment Options
- Maine Addiction Treatment Payment Options
- Maine Drug & Alcohol Rehabs with Private Pay
- Maine Free or Low-Budget Programs
- Maine Rehab Centers with ATR Programs
- Maine Rehab Centers with EAP
- Maine Rehabs Covered by Private Health Insurance
- Maine Rehabs with Payment Assistance
- Maine Rehabs with Sliding Fee Scale
- Maine State Financed Drug Rehabs
Maine Treatment for Professionals
Search Maine Special Services
- Maine Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Maine Assistance for the Hearing Impaired Rehabs
- Maine Christian Rehab Centers
- Maine Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Maine Drug & Alcohol Family Services
- Maine Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Maine Drug Rehab Centers for Addicts with HIV/AIDS
- Maine Drug Rehab Services by Language
- Maine Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Maine Experiential Therapy
- Maine Faith-Based Addiction Services
- Maine Family Programs
- Maine Holistic Programs
- Maine Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Maine Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Maine Nutritional Counseling
- Maine Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Maine Workplace Services
Maine Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Maine
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Maine
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Maine
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Maine
- Inhalant Rehabilitation Services in Maine
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Maine
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Maine
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Maine
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Maine
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Maine
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Maine
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Maine
- Synthetic Drug Addiction Treatment in Maine
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Maine
Maine Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families
Below, you will find a list of treatment and services for alcohol & drug abuse in Maine. The list is incomplete, so please use the menus for a specific research (ex: rehab for youth, medical detox, holistic services, etc.) If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors now at 1-800-304-2219.
- Maine Addiction Services by Gender & Age
- Maine Drug Rehab Centers for Seniors
- Maine Drug Rehab for Men
- Maine Drug Rehab with Residential Beds for Clients' Children
- Maine Drug Rehab Services for Adults
- Maine Drug & Alcohol Programs for Pregnant Women
- Maine Family Programs
- Maine Women Only Drug Rehab Services
- Maine Youth Drug Rehab Services
- Maine Youth Drug Rehab Services for Boys
- Maine Youth Drug Rehab Services for Girls
List of Drug & Alcohol Rehabs for Addiction in Maine