Faith-Based Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Services in the United States
The process of handling a drug or alcohol addiction will be difficult for anyone, and it will be important to have the support from family and friends during the treatment process. Some of this support does include a belief in a higher power, or simply wanting to incorporate faith into treatment, despite not being religious. Those who have a strong faith may battle problems, such as what their drug or alcohol abuse means to their spirituality. Addicts who have a strong faith may want to attend a faith-based drug treatment center to incorporate their faith as part of their treatment. Faith-based drug rehabilitation centers are also effective treatment options for someone who is not religious or spiritual. These types of facilities are also beneficial for someone from all religious and spiritual backgrounds. In 2015 according to a Pew Research Center survey, roughly 76% of Americans identify as religious, and more than 22 million Americans struggle with some type of substance abuse or alcohol problem.
A faith based drug treatment program can help someone who is spiritual identify with a higher power to help them overcome their drug abuse. These types of specialized drug rehab centers will often operate out of either inpatient or outpatient facilities. Faith-based drug treatment services will also help those who are not spiritual, and will treat their addiction the same way. These types of programs can provide different levels of support and guidance for an addict, that they may not get at a traditional drug rehab center. The spiritual element of a faith-based drug treatment program is of course a large focus, but traditional and non-traditional treatment methodologies are still incorporated to help addicts overcome their addiction. Standard methods of treatment such as behavioral therapy, 12-step programs, cognitive or learning based treatment, and individual and group counseling can all be found at some of the faith-based drug rehab services in the United States.
Some of the medical and psychological treatment options at faith-based rehab will be no different than any other type of drug treatment program. Services can include detox, medical detox, individual or group therapy, withdrawal management services, life-skills and emotional coping training, and spirituality. It is quite common for addicts who have been through more than one type of drug and alcohol treatment center to attend a faith-based program. When they have the ability to look like a higher power and incorporate more aspects of spirituality in their treatment, they often tend to see better success. Incorporating spirituality into treatment has often been proven to help reduce harmful behaviors like drug and alcohol abuse. There are faith-based drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs all throughout the United States, and Drug Rehab Services can help addicts, and their families locate the best possible options.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Addiction Treatments Covered by Fidelis Care in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by Health Net in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by MedCost in the United States
- Addiction Treatments Covered by MHN in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by Multiplan in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Amerigroup in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Emblem / GHI-HIP in The U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Healthfirst in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Kaiser Permanente Coverage in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Magellan Health in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Molina Healthcare in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Neighborhood Health Plan in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Optum Insurance in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Oscar in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with The Holman Group in the U.S.