Faith-Based Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Services in the United States
The process of handling a drug or alcohol addiction will be difficult for anyone, and it will be important to have the support from family and friends during the treatment process. Some of this support does include a belief in a higher power, or simply wanting to incorporate faith into treatment, despite not being religious. Those who have a strong faith may battle problems, such as what their drug or alcohol abuse means to their spirituality. Addicts who have a strong faith may want to attend a faith-based drug treatment center to incorporate their faith as part of their treatment. Faith-based drug rehabilitation centers are also effective treatment options for someone who is not religious or spiritual. These types of facilities are also beneficial for someone from all religious and spiritual backgrounds. In 2015 according to a Pew Research Center survey, roughly 76% of Americans identify as religious, and more than 22 million Americans struggle with some type of substance abuse or alcohol problem.
A faith based drug treatment program can help someone who is spiritual identify with a higher power to help them overcome their drug abuse. These types of specialized drug rehab centers will often operate out of either inpatient or outpatient facilities. Faith-based drug treatment services will also help those who are not spiritual, and will treat their addiction the same way. These types of programs can provide different levels of support and guidance for an addict, that they may not get at a traditional drug rehab center. The spiritual element of a faith-based drug treatment program is of course a large focus, but traditional and non-traditional treatment methodologies are still incorporated to help addicts overcome their addiction. Standard methods of treatment such as behavioral therapy, 12-step programs, cognitive or learning based treatment, and individual and group counseling can all be found at some of the faith-based drug rehab services in the United States.
Did you know this about faith-based programs?
Faith is a powerful catalyst for change, and roughly 80% of people who have used the faith-based approach Alcoholics Anonymous, have not used alcohol again after attending meetings for one year. Faith-based drug programs generally have a success rate of 40% to 60%, and roughly 70% of Americans identify as being religious.
Some of the medical and psychological treatment options at faith-based rehab will be no different than any other type of drug treatment program. Services can include detox, medical detox, individual or group therapy, withdrawal management services, life-skills and emotional coping training, and spirituality. It is quite common for addicts who have been through more than one type of drug and alcohol treatment center to attend a faith-based program. When they have the ability to look like a higher power and incorporate more aspects of spirituality in their treatment, they often tend to see better success. Incorporating spirituality into treatment has often been proven to help reduce harmful behaviors like drug and alcohol abuse. There are faith-based drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs all throughout the United States, and Drug Rehab Services can help addicts, and their families locate the best possible options.
- Amerigroup Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Emblem/GHI-HIP Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Fidelis Care Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Health Net Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Healthfirst Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Kaiser Permanente Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Magellan Health Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- MedCost Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- MHN Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Molina Healthcare Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Multiplan Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Neighborhood Health Plan Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Optum Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Oscar Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- The Holman Group Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
Extended Recovery Care
- Addiction Extended Care Services in the United States
- Addiction Meetings in the United States
- Aftercare Programs in the United States
- Halfway Houses in the United States
- Relapse Prevention Programs in the United States
- Sober Living Communities in the United States
- Transitional Housing in the United States