Fentanyl Information, Statistics, and Tips to Stay Safe
Tips to Combat Fentanyl Abuse
- Never stop taking medication without consulting a doctor.
- Consider joining a support group to help you with your addiction.
- Look for medical detox programs specialized in opioid detox.
- If you have a loved one or an employee who you know is abusing opioids, keep naloxone handy.
- Be aware of signs of overdose. If you see one of your friends blacking out, or showing other severe side effects, get help immediately.
Ask a Professional
After completing a fentanyl detox and/or rehab in North Carolina, it is vital to arrange aftercare support. No one form of recovery support is the same for each person. Sober coaches, group meetings, outpatient programs, or sober living homes in North Carolina all offer excellent recovery opportunities to consider. The goal is to maintain life-long sobriety.