GHB Treatment Centers In the United States
GHB is Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid acid, which is made from gamma butyrolactone knew as GBL, Sodium Hydroxide or Potassium Hydroxide. These chemicals are mainly the base of solvent to degrease or floor stripper with drain cleaner. So when someone ingests GBL, it will produce GHB in the body. GHB was used as a general anesthetic to treat sleeping problems, alcohol addiction, narcolepsy and so athlete can improve performance. Illegally, GHB was used as an intoxicant or date rape substance.
It is a natural substance produced by our body. GHB is produce in beer and wine in small amount results of fermentation.
Did you know this about GHB?
GHB has been used to treat narcolepsy, and was commonly used as an anesthetic during surgeries. This drug has also been linked to and is used as a date-rape drug because it is easy to add to drinks as it has no color and no odor, but does have a strong salty flavor.
GHB was initially reported as a synthetic drug in 1874 by a chemist by the name of Alexander Zaytsev. The first major research relating to the human body was performed in early 60s. The Danger was discovered of using GHB with alcohol and other depressants. For several years, GHB was used in Europe as a sleeping agent and an anaesthetic in childbirth but the use of this drug was found to cause strong rebound insomnia and psychosis so was banned from use. There were also some other drugs discovered, which did not have the same addiction level.
Other names for GHB
- "G" (most common)
- Liquid E
- Georgia Home Boy
- Grievous Bodily Harm
- Liquid X
- Liquid Ecstasy
- Great Hormones at Bedtime
- GBH Soap
- Easy Lay
- Salty Water
- Cherry Meth
- Organic Quaalude
Effects of GHB
|Desire to socialize||Loss of coordination|
|Difficulty concentrating||Loss of gag reflex|
|Enhanced sexual experience||Muscle relaxation|
|Feeling affectionate||Possible nausea|
Other bad effects occurs while using GHB, and these effects are amplified using alcohol and.
|Amnesia||Loss of consciousness|
|Being conscious but unable to move||Loss of muscle control|
Signs of Overdose
Effects of overdose of GHB would be deep sedation or sleep which the individual cannot be awakened from. Someone passed out on GHB is in a coma state that will probably result in death - they do not often wake up again so do not delay on seeking medical attention immediately if you are addicted to GHB.
How to detox from GHB
Withdrawal symptoms from GHB includes insomnia, anxiety, and tremors, which can be resolved within a few days, but have been known to last longer. The proper detox from GHB should be done under some type of medical supervision or an inpatient detoxification center. Detoxing off large quantities of GHB should not be done alone or without help.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by Fidelis Care in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by Health Net in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by MedCost in the United States
- Addiction Treatments Covered by MHN in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments Covered by Multiplan in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Amerigroup in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Emblem / GHI-HIP in The U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Healthfirst in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Kaiser Permanente Coverage in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Magellan Health in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Molina Healthcare in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Neighborhood Health Plan in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Optum Insurance in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with Oscar in the U.S.
- Addiction Treatments with The Holman Group in the U.S.