According to SAMHSA, there are over 75 detox centers in Indiana. This includes over 25 medical detox centers and over 40 outpatient detox programs. In addition, there are over 15 residential detox programs. Detoxification aims to manage withdrawal symptoms and ease cravings.
Addicted.org recommends detox to be part of a well-rounded treatment approach. It should not be considered the only rehabilitation and should not replace counseling and therapy. There are medical and clinical detox programs depending on the severity of the addiction.
Our directory provides a comprehensive list of numerous Detox and medical detox in Indiana. Contact one of our addictions counselors for more details, or consult our directory. Our experts help you find a detox that meets your needs.
What is Drug Detox?
TIPS: If you are going to detox
- Never stop taking the medication without consulting a doctor.
- Get a professional assessment to determine if you need medical detox.
- Do not abruptly stop using large amounts of alcohol or certain drugs without consulting a medical professional.
- Get medical support through medical detox or advice from your doctor when detoxing from alcohol, opioids, and benzodiazepines.
- Holistic detox approaches can be effective, especially when withdrawal symptoms are mild and do not require medication assistance.
- Make sure to eat healthy foods and get plenty of sleep, to help your body heal.
Paying for Detox in Indiana
According to SAMHSA, the following payment options are accepted at detox programs in Indiana:
- 70 programs accept Indiana Medicaid.
- 84 facilities take private health insurance plans through private providers.
- 79 programs are cash or self-payment options.
- 57 centers take federal military insurance like TRICARE.
- 14 programs offer payment assistance but check with the facility first
LIST OF DETOX IN INDIANA
Here is a list of the different drug detox centers in Indiana. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Demographic Specific Detox Services
According to SAMHSA, the following drug and alcohol detox programs are available for specific demographics:
- 47 centers are specifically for adult men.
- 53 programs provide treatment for adult women only.
- 11 centers are for adolescents specifically.
- 23 facilities offer help to veterans.
- 24 programs are available for pregnant, postpartum women.
Detox Centers Using Opioids in Indiana
According to SAMHSA, the following opioid treatment options are available:
- 11 federally certified Opioid Treatment Programs.
- 66 programs prescribe Buprenorphine.
- 71 facilities offer Naltrexone.
- 35 centers accept clients using Medication-Assisted Treatment but prescribed elsewhere.
It is the professional opinion of addicted.org that medications are beneficial for withdrawal management. However, patients should focus on becoming entirely drug-free. Some medications used to treat opioid addiction create dangerous dependence, resulting in more detox and withdrawal management.