According to SAMHSA, there are over 10 medical detox and over 50 outpatient detox centers in Kentucky. In addition, there are over 50 residential detox programs. Detoxification aims to manage withdrawal symptoms and alleviate cravings associated with drug and alcohol abuse.
LIST OF DETOX CENTERS IN KENTUCKY
Here is a list of the different drug detox centers in Kentucky. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Addicted.org recommends that detox should be part of a well-rounded treatment approach. It should not replace formal counseling or therapy at a residential or outpatient drug rehab center. Depending on the severity of withdrawal, a patient would access medical detox or clinical detox center.
Our directory provides comprehensive information for many of these detox centers in Kentucky. Contact one of our addictions counselors for more details, or consult our directory. Detox is a critical step on the recovery pathway.
What is Drug Detox?
TIPS: If you are going to detox
- Never stop taking the medication without consulting a doctor.
- Get a professional assessment to determine if you need medical detox centers in KY.
- Do not abruptly stop using large amounts of alcohol or certain drugs without consulting a medical professional.
- Get medical support through medical detox or advice from your doctor when detoxing from alcohol, opioids, and benzodiazepines.
- Holistic detox approaches can be effective, especially when withdrawal symptoms are mild and do not require medication assistance.
- Make sure to eat healthy foods and get plenty of sleep, to help your body heal.
Paying for Drug Detox in Kentucky
According to SAMHSA, the following payment options are accepted at detox programs in Kentucky:
- 89 programs accept Kentucky Medicaid (Department of Medicaid Services).
- 85 facilities take private health insurance plans, yet coverage varies.
- 98 programs are cash or self-payment options.
- 34 centers take federal military insurance, typically TRICARE.
- 9 programs offer payment assistance but check with the facility first.
Demographic Specific Detox Services
According to SAMHSA, the following drug and alcohol detox programs are available for specific demographics:
- 59 centers are men-only treatment centers.
- 52 programs provide services for adult women only.
- 10 centers are specifically for adolescents.
- 39 facilities operate specifically for veterans.
- 50 programs offer help for pregnant, postpartum women.
Detox Centers Using Opioids in Kentucky
According to SAMHSA, the following opioid treatment options are available:
- 16 federally certified Opioid Treatment Programs.
- 73 programs prescribe Buprenorphine.
- 78 facilities offer Naltrexone.
- 30 centers accept clients using Medication-Assisted Treatment but prescribed elsewhere.
It is the professional opinion of addicted.org that medications are beneficial to manage dangerous withdrawal symptoms. However, some of these drugs pose a significant risk of developing dependence during prolonged use. Individuals should consider becoming entirely drug-free.