List of Rehabs in Los Angeles
Below is a list of the different drug rehab centers in Los Angeles, California, as well as other addiction services. Each listing provides information on the types of services provided and the payment options available. You can also find accreditations and certifications to help you determine if the rehab center or service is trusted and has the expertise you are looking for. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Address of the center
Address of the center
Depending on the severity and type of addiction, long-term residential drug rehab continues to remain the best option. Addicted.org recommends a well-rounded approach that involves residential treatment and aftercare support. Families can access addiction treatment centers in Los Angeles through health insurance, whether it be Medicaid, Medicare, or private health insurance.
Addicted.org provides an extensive directory listing of numerous drug rehabs in Los Angeles. Contact one of our addictions professionals for more information, or consult our directory listing.
Long-Term Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
The professional opinion of Addicted.org is that long-term drug and alcohol rehab has proven to be the most effective for treatment and lifelong sobriety—here are some reasons why:
- Addressing underlying issues takes time. Long-term programs last 60 to 90 days or longer, and more is done to address trauma.
- Addiction did not happen in a day. Long-term drug rehab in Los Angeles provides the best opportunities and time to overcome any addiction.
- Home environments are often unsafe or abusive. A long-term residential center provides a safe environment.
Overall, there are excellent long-term drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs available in Los Angeles. In addition, there are affordable options with or without health insurance. Addicted.org recommends considering treatment away from the environment you are using drugs or alcohol—this better helps achieve life-long sobriety.
Paying for Treatment in Los Angeles, California
The cost of drug and alcohol rehab in Los Angeles varies and depends on multiple factors. Initially, there are differences in cost between private and government-funded drug rehab. In addition, long-term programs cost more than short-term drug rehab. Residential facilities are often more costly than outpatient yet provide more extensive therapy.
Paying for Treatment with Medicaid in Los Angeles
California Medicaid covers the cost of some drug and alcohol rehab in Los Angeles. Generally, when you find drug rehab through Medicaid, payment is made directly to the treatment center. Medicaid may cover residential drug rehab, outpatient treatment, and detox. It is designed for low-income individuals and families who qualify.
Using Private Insurance to Pay for Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
Another option to consider is private health insurance. Most individuals have health insurance through their employers. These plans can cover drug and alcohol rehabilitation in Los Angeles. However, the extent of coverage depends on the health plan type.
Private health insurance may cover residential drug rehab, outpatient treatment, and detox. California’s state-run exchange, Covered California, is widely regarded as one of the most successful established under the Affordable Care Act.
The following insurers offer marketplace coverage in California:
- Aetna CVS Health
- Anthem Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- L.A. Care Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Oscar Health Plan of California
- Sharp Health Plan
- Valley Health Plan
- Western Health Advantage
Paying for treatment when uninsured
Paying for drug and alcohol rehabilitation without health insurance is not always easy. However, there are different options to consider. For example, some drug rehab centers in Los Angeles may offer payment plans or a sliding fee scale based on income. In addition, some non-profit drug rehab centers may offer free or low-cost treatment.
Contact one of our qualified addictions counselors for more information, or consult our extensive directory listing of services and programs in the city and state.
Addicted.org’s Evaluation of Los Angeles, California
After reviewing state statistics and options available for drug and alcohol rehabilitation in Los Angeles, Addicted.org discovered the following pros and cons:
- There are extensive substance use treatment options within the city, including detox, outpatient, and residential drug rehab.
- There are over 150 drug and alcohol detox centers providing excellent resources for withdrawal management.
- Most of the drug rehabilitation centers in the city offer outpatient services, making it easy to access treatment immediately.
- California embraced healthcare reform, creating a state-based health insurance marketplace and expanding Medicaid.
- Many individuals face long waitlists for accessing substance use treatment.
- There are 32 facilities classified as transitional housing, halfway houses, and sober living homes. Considering the size of the population, aftercare support is difficult to access.
- Medicaid is accepted at just under half of the city’s drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers.
Overall, there are excellent options to choose from and a wide variety of services. Well-rounded drug and alcohol rehab is easily accessible in Los Angeles. Individuals and families can find access to affordable treatment options.