Long Term Residential Drug & Alcohol Rehab Programs In Louisiana
It is nearly impossible to find a family who calls Louisiana home that does not have at least one member who is struggling with a very serious drug addiction. The family member usually tries to do everything they can to help their addict but there almost always comes a time when love is not going to help the individual out. At this point, the only hope the person has actually to overcome their addiction and have a future is by entering a formal rehabilitation program. The most successful of the drug rehab programs are the ones that provide at least a short term residency program.
Long Term Substance Abuse Rehab in Louisiana
When attending any type of long-term drug rehab program, there are countless benefits. Any long-term treatment program in Louisiana will be a drug and alcohol-free environment, providing stability. It is important to get away from the environment and people you were using drugs in and around. It is easy to convince yourself to abuse drugs when you are surrounded with other drug users. When you are at a long-term rehab center, it is more than likely inpatient, and you will be required to stay at the facility during your treatment. The point of staying in a long-term drug rehab program is so you do not have easy access to drugs or alcohol. Long-term drug treatment programs in Louisiana will also offer structure and routine, which is always something that an addict will neglect when they are abusing drugs and alcohol. Long-term drug treatment programs will have the opportunity to incorporate structure and routine back into your lives. When you lack structure within your life, it can enable you to use more drugs. The days at any long-term drug rehab center will be filled with therapeutic activities, and will help you rediscover a healthy lifestyle again. Long-term drug treatment services will tend to have the better success, because the time can be taken to address the underlying problems and issues connected to the addiction.
Addicts in Louisiana struggle with various types of addictions, and this does include marijuana, prescription drugs, cocaine, heroin, and Crack cocaine addiction can be effectively treated with the right help, but a long-term drug rehab center will provide the better options. Heroin abuse within the state has been on the rise over the past the decade, and this does involve the abuse of other opioids. Long-term drug treatment center regularly treats heroin addicts, and this can be a difficult addiction to overcome. Heroin will cause a strong physical dependency, along with the psychological addiction. The withdrawal pains do tend to keep most addicts from wanting help, but detox should be the first step. A medical detox program can successfully help an addict overcome his or her heroin addiction. Once you have completed a medical detox, you should be transitioning into a long-term drug rehab center, which will be a residential program.. The long-term drug rehab centers in the state will treat addicts who have addictions to one or multiple drugs. Cocaine is a popular recreational drug, but many cocaine users do progress to smoking crack cocaine. When you start to smoke the drug, you will become severely addicted, and this is one of the most destructive drugs.
Aside from their addiction, the biggest problem, the addict in Louisiana face is money. Currently, the state of Louisiana has legislation that makes it difficult for an individual to convince their insurance company to finance their stay at a residential drug program. Even the best comprehensive insurance plans are not always obligated to cover the cost. Since it is nearly impossible for an addict to have even a chance of making a recovery, residential programs are required.
To make sure that every addict gets a chance to overcome their addiction and hopefully to become a productive member of Louisiana's society, the state and federal government have stepped in and is helping to cover the expenses.
When it comes to residential drug treatment facilities, most people do not think about how the addict’s sexual orientation could influence the way that they respond to the treatment and counseling. In Louisiana, there are several residential drug rehabilitation programs that are designed to accommodate the needs of the states LGBTQ community. While there is no reason that a heterosexual person could not enroll in one of these programs, the counseling is designed to help the addict understand how their addiction could be affected by their sexual orientation and the stresses that go along with being gay.
90-Day Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in Louisiana
Within the state of Louisiana, there are just over 15 different drug and or alcohol treatment centers that do offer a 90-day rehab program for drug and alcohol addiction. If the situation arises where the addict is unwilling to attend a 90-day program, there may have to be an intervention conducted to help them understand the importance of getting help and putting an end to the cycle of addiction.
Specialized Care within Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Many of the inpatient drug rehab programs providing long-term care in the state of Louisiana will offer specialized drug treatment. This can include faith-based programs, facilities for specific age groups and genders, treatment for pregnant women, and law enforcement and first responders. Drug and alcohol rehab has begun to become very specific in the approaches taken, and this is to help all individuals who are battling addiction.
What is Withdrawal? How Long Does it Last?
Withdrawal is the physical symptoms an addict will go through when they stop using their drugs of choice. The body will react to the absence of the substance, and will display physical and mental pain; which must be overcome before someone can enter treatment. It can last a couple of days to upwards of a month, and this all depends on what substance the person is withdrawing from.
What is Drug Addiction?
Drug and alcohol addiction is a compulsion to abuse substances that will alter a person’s state of mind, to help them avoid pain, suffering, remorse, unhappiness and other re-occurring life problems. Drug addiction is not a disease, and it can be treated with effective inpatient drug and alcohol treatment in the state of Louisiana.
60 to 120-Day Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Treatment within the State of Louisiana
All throughout the state of Louisiana are over 25 different drug treatment facilities providing inpatient care, which can last 60 to 120 days or more. This type of drug treatment is best for addicts who have been using drugs for a long time, or have been through multiple forms of treatment in the past.
Louisiana Payment Options
- Louisiana Addiction Treatment Payment Options
- Louisiana Drug & Alcohol Rehabs with Private Pay
- Louisiana Free or Low-Budget Programs
- Louisiana Rehab Centers with ATR Programs
- Louisiana Rehab Centers with EAP
- Louisiana Rehabs Covered by Private Health Insurance
- Louisiana Rehabs with Payment Assistance
- Louisiana Rehabs with Sliding Fee Scale
- Louisiana State Financed Drug Rehabs
Louisiana Treatment for Professionals
- Louisiana Active Duty Service Members Drug Rehabs
- Louisiana Addiction Services for Professionals
- Louisiana Executives Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Louisiana Medical & Legal Professionals Programs
- Louisiana Military Programs
- Louisiana Rehabs for Law Enforcement & First Responders
- Louisiana Veterans Drug Rehabs
Search Louisiana Special Services
- Louisiana Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Louisiana Assistance for the Hearing Impaired Rehabs
- Louisiana Christian Rehab Centers
- Louisiana Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Louisiana Drug & Alcohol Family Services
- Louisiana Drug Rehab Centers for Addicts with HIV/AIDS
- Louisiana Drug Rehab Services by Language
- Louisiana Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Louisiana Experiential Therapy
- Louisiana Faith-Based Addiction Services
- Louisiana Holistic Programs
- Louisiana Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Louisiana Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Louisiana Nutritional Counseling
- Louisiana Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Louisiana Workplace Services
Louisiana Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Louisiana
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Louisiana
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Louisiana
- Inhalant Rehabilitation Services in Louisiana
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Louisiana
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Louisiana
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Louisiana
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Louisiana
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Louisiana
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Louisiana
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Louisiana
- Synthetic Drug Addiction Treatment in Louisiana
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Louisiana
Louisiana Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families
Here is a list of the different long-term inpatient programs in Louisiana. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Louisiana Addiction Services by Gender & Age
- Louisiana Drug Rehab Centers for Seniors
- Louisiana Drug Rehab for Men
- Louisiana Drug Rehab with Residential Beds for Clients' Children
- Louisiana Drug Rehab Services for Adults
- Louisiana Drug & Alcohol Programs for Pregnant Women
- Louisiana Family Programs
- Louisiana Women Only Drug Rehab Services
- Louisiana Youth Drug Rehab Services
- Louisiana Youth Drug Rehab Services for Boys
- Louisiana Youth Drug Rehab Services for Girls
List of Long Term Residential Drug & Alcohol Treatment in Louisiana