Medical & Legal Professionals Programs in the United States
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation for Medical and Legal Professionals within the United States
Drug and alcohol addiction within these two various professions is nothing new, but is typically not broadcasted as much, but the issues are still there and are very real. Legal professionals can face a high level of stress, moral dilemmas, and many of these jobs can pay very high salaries. High-paying jobs that are very stressful or operate within a high pace, and erratic environments pose a greater chance for the person to fall into a drug or alcohol addiction, or become a weekend warrior. Medical professionals face many of the same stressors, and for some deal with death regularly, and may not be able to cope. In other circumstances, drugs are involved when medical professionals are working long hours and use drugs to stay awake and function for these lengthy periods of time.
Information about medical & legal professionals programs
Substance abuse is common in the medical & legal field. These professionals have jobs that bring high stress levels, and take up a lot time, which can make them prone to become addicted to certain substances, without necessarily being aware of it.
Lawyer Assistance Programs
Throughout the United States are lawyer assistance programs, which provide confidential help for lawyers, law students, and their families. This can be helped with addiction problems, mental-health problems, and any other issues, these professionals and their families may be facing. Lawyer assistance programs are usually independent organizations or charitable societies, and act as a resource that offers professional support, counseling, therapy, peer groups support programs. Because drug addiction can be quite a severe problem, lawyer assistance programs can offer various program options and counseling methods to help people working within this field.
A long history of medical professionals self-medicating
This is not a new problem among medical professionals, but it does continue to persist throughout the industry, with new stories making headlines regularly. Despite the likelihood of medical professionals abusing drugs and alcohol, they are more likely to misuse prescription medications, as these are the drugs that are readily available. This can be quite a reality check considering the epidemic that the United States is facing with prescription drug abuse within every demographic of people. The individuals within the industry using these drugs are not necessarily seeking recreational thrills, but rather take advantage of the drugs to relieve a physical pain or some type of emotional distress.
Are drug rehab centers for medical professionals and lawyers private and confidential?
Yes, as with any other type of drug and alcohol treatment, client confidentiality is very important, but some programs can go an extra mile to help their clients maintain their confidentiality. Because the risk of abusing drugs can lead to both types of professionals losing their licenses, it is important that they seek out help, and not avoid the problem. In too many situation's people working in these professions have not sought out the right type of help, and have put themselves and other in situations that will cause more harm, and jeopardize their careers and the careers of others. Drug and alcohol treatment is there to help anyone battling these problems, and ensure they can move onto a successful career and happy life.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by Fidelis Care in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by Health Net in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by MedCost in the United States
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by MHN in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by Multiplan in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Amerigroup in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Emblem / GHI-HIP in The U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Healthfirst in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Kaiser Permanente Coverage in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Magellan Health in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Molina Healthcare in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Neighborhood Health Plan in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Optum Insurance in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Oscar in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with The Holman Group in the U.S.