Non 12-Step Recovery, Alternative to Twelve-Step Programs in the United States
Typically, a traditional drug treatment program is a 12-step program, which does work for some, but not for everyone. Across the whole of the United States are numerous non-twelve-step or non-traditional drug and alcohol treatment programs. Throughout the United States are endless drug rehabilitation options, and it can be difficult to find the right type of program. Non-12-step drug treatment provides a unique approach, and will not necessarily be the disease model of addiction treatment. The disease model teaches that addiction is an incurable disease that an addict must cope with daily, and is always in recovery. Yes, it is important to continually improve one’s life, but it is not necessary to live with a label and considers ones-self an addict until the day you die.
Non-tradition drug and alcohol rehabilitation will also be operated out of inpatient and outpatient drug treatment programs. A non-12-step program can also be a long-term or a short drug treatment option. There are many differences between 12-step programs and non-twelve-step drug rehab. For example, the 12-step approach primarily sees the drug addiction as the primary problem, and may not address the underlying issues or every other problem that may be fueling the addiction. Non-twelve-step drug treatment will tend to look at all the issues, and the underlying problems connected to the addiction. This is extremely important because it will help address the problems that may have caused the addiction to start.
Did you know this about non 12-step programs?
The non twelve step programs have a different outlook on substance abuse. They believe that although it is a serious problem, it can be resolved if addressed correctly.
Drug and alcohol treatment is not an easy process, and it does take time to ensure that an addict receives all the proper treatment and care. Many drug rehabilitation programs will provide the required length of treatment to handle the addiction. One of the benefits of the 12-step program is the on-going support, but this can also be found with non-traditional methods. Support structures are a key part with improving one’s life, and moving forward. It is important to surround yourself with like-minded people, and understand that returning to the old environment is not beneficial with long-term sobriety. Addiction does not have to be looked at as a disease or a life-long illness, and in fact, an addiction can be fully cured. It does take much work, but it can be done. The non-twelve-step drug treatment approaches find ways to empower the client, and to help them find new ways to improve their lives. Not everyone wants to live the rest of his or her life as an addict, and an addiction is something that someone can move on from.
12-step programs do not work for everyone, and it is very common for addicts who have made multiple attempts with twelve-step treatment to attend a non-traditional drug rehabilitation program. Regardless of the type of addiction, a non-twelve-step drug treatment program can help to treat it, and ensure the underlying problems are addressed. The purpose of drug rehab is to fully treat the addiction, and an addict will not always be willing to do so. Across the United States are endless drug and alcohol treatment options, and locating the right type of help is important. Non-twelve-step drug rehab offers something different, and is very effective, regardless of the type of addiction, how long someone has been using drugs for, and all the problems that come with it; the addiction can be effectively treated.
- Amerigroup Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Emblem/GHI-HIP Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Fidelis Care Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Health Net Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Healthfirst Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Kaiser Permanente Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Magellan Health Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- MedCost Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- MHN Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Molina Healthcare Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Multiplan Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Neighborhood Health Plan Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Optum Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- Oscar Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
- The Holman Group Covered Addiction Treatments in the U.S.
Extended Recovery Care
- Addiction Extended Care Services in the United States
- Addiction Meetings in the United States
- Aftercare Programs in the United States
- Halfway Houses in the United States
- Relapse Prevention Programs in the United States
- Sober Living Communities in the United States
- Transitional Housing in the United States