According to SAMHSA, there are over 100 detox programs and medical detox in Pennsylvania. These options include over 20 medical detox programs and over 20 outpatient detox centers. In addition, there are over 50 residential detox centers.
LIST OF DETOX IN PENNSYLVANIA
Here is a list of the different PA drug detox centers. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Detox programs help each patient manage withdrawal symptoms and ease drug cravings. Addicted.org recommends that detox should be part of a well-rounded treatment approach. For example, long-term residential treatment or outpatient drug rehab should follow detox programs.
Our directory provides a comprehensive listing of numerous detox centers in PA, including detox. Contact one of our professionals for more information or consult our directory. Our addictions professionals aim to help you find a detox that meets your withdrawal needs.
What is Drug Detox?
TIPS: If you are going to detox
- Never stop taking medication without consulting a doctor.
- Get a professional assessment to determine if you need medical detox.
- Do not abruptly stop using large amounts of alcohol or certain drugs without consulting a medical professional.
- Get medical support through medical detox or advice from your doctor when detoxing from alcohol, opioids, and benzodiazepines.
- Holistic detox approaches can be effective, especially when withdrawal symptoms are mild and do not require medication assistance.
- Make sure to eat healthy foods and get plenty of sleep, to help your body heal.
Paying for Detox in Pennsylvania
According to SAMHSA, the following payment options are accepted at detox programs in Pennsylvania:
- 75 programs accept the Pennsylvania Medicaid Program.
- 91 facilities take private health insurance plans.
- 92 programs are cash or self-payment options.
- 36 centers take federal military insurance, like TRICARE.
- 6 programs offer payment assistance (check with facility).
Demographic Specific Detox Services
According to SAMHSA, the following drug and alcohol detox programs are available for specific demographics:
- 69 centers are for adult men specifically.
- 73 programs are classified as adult women-only facilities.
- 10 centers are for adolescents specifically.
- 33 facilities provide help to veterans.
- 32 programs are available for pregnant, postpartum women.
Detox Centers Using Opioids in Pennsylvania
According to SAMHSA, the following opioid treatment options are available:
- 26 federally certified Opioid Treatment Programs.
- 98 programs prescribe Buprenorphine.
- 89 facilities offer Naltrexone.
- 57 centers accept clients using Medication-Assisted Treatment but prescribed elsewhere.
It is the professional opinion of addicted.org that medications are beneficial during medical detox for withdrawal management. However, the prolonged use of some addiction treatment medications leads to dependence. After detox, patients should strive to become entirely drug-free.