Addicted.org is devoted to helping individuals affected by substance use. We also believe that everyone should have a chance to receive higher education. We are excited to announce our scholarship program to honor both above commitments.
The Addicted.org Scholarship will award $1,000 to the winner. This will be distributed per your school’s financial aid policies.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for our scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time college or university student (individuals taking 12 credits – about four classes each semester).
- Be at least 18 years old.
The Addicted.org Scholarship is an essay submission format. Individuals submit an essay in adherence to the guidelines below. The Addicted.org Team will review these essays, and the scholarship will be awarded to the best essay that meets all submission guidelines. This scholarship will be awarded annually with a different essay topic each year.
2023 Scholarship Essay Contest Details
Fentanyl has become more and more prevalent in our society. Its danger to America’s youth is undeniable and has become the leading cause of death for individuals between the ages of 18-45. Fentanyl use is a danger on its own, but the scary thing about fentanyl is how it is being secretly added to most illicit street drugs. Unsuspecting individuals are inadvertently taking fentanyl and losing their lives. For this reason, it is essential to bring awareness to the issue of fentanyl.
Research fentanyl and how it became the threat it is today. The essay should focus on what caused it to be so available in the United States, how it affects today’s youth, and potential prevention techniques that could curb overdose statistics.
- It must be an original essay.
- Keep Essay length between 1000-1500 words.
- The essay must include ways to spread awareness and help prevent fentanyl use in your community or on campus.
- Overall Quality
- Please send all essays to [email protected] along with your name and the College/University you attend.
- Essays must be sent from your College / University email address.
- Submission Deadline – July 1st Awarded to the winner in August for Fall Semester.