Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in the United States
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Involving Wilderness and Adventure Programs in the United States
Wilderness and adventure programs involve the many different challenges that are found within nature and wilderness. This may include such things at backpacking and camping, rock climbing, hunting and survival, white water activities, winter activities; all this various extroversions will help addicts discover more about themselves, which will lead to them being able to handle their addiction. Production always plays a role in how a person’s moral maintains intact. When an addict can bring themselves out of the chaotic and hectic environment, they were once in, they will become more focused on their task at hand and how they can treat their addiction and underlying issues.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
How Beneficial are Wilderness and Adventure Programs?
These types of programs can be quite advantageous for addicts and the family of addicts, because people with addiction are in need of much help, not every standard form of treatment will be successful. The outdoors can be a very stimulating environment in a positive way and offer stillness for addicts to focus completely on their recovery, without the distractions of a treatment center, current environment or any other form of negative stimulant. Throughout this type of therapy, the patient will get a good look at the world around them and what role they play within it. Through extroverting activities and therapy methods, an addict can achieve his or her sobriety.
Wilderness and adventure programs are considered forms of outdoor therapy or adventure therapy, which helps addicts, find freedom from behavioral problems and chemical dependency issues. Some of the activities and therapy methods used within these programs include rock climbing, white-water rafting, camping, backpacking and hiking, gardening and other horticultural activities. Many of these different tools are used to help people to achieve sobriety, and work with other traditional forms of counseling and therapy, all of which work together to address all the underlying issues.
Adolescent and Adult Programs
Both adult and adolescent programs operate throughout the United States, and to ensure better success it is typically recommended that longer is better. Normally during the first 30 days of treatment, a client handles the withdrawals and detox period, while getting into the swing of things with their addiction and counseling. Adventure and wilderness programs can be very beneficial for both adults and adolescents, more so for teens whom require a healthy outlet to help them handle their addiction and other behavioral problems they may be facing.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by Fidelis Care in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by Health Net in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by MedCost in the United States
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by MHN in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services Covered by Multiplan in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Amerigroup in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Emblem / GHI-HIP in The U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Healthfirst in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Kaiser Permanente Coverage in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Magellan Health in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Molina Healthcare in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Neighborhood Health Plan in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Optum Insurance in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with Oscar in the U.S.
- Alcohol and Drug Treatments with The Holman Group in the U.S.