We also have certified & qualified counselors who are available to assist you in finding a treatment program in Wisconsin. With their years of experience in the field of addiction, they know which questions to ask and how to guide you through this process, so you can find the program that is right for you or your loved one.
List of Rehabs in Wisconsin
Below is a list of the different drug rehab centers in Wisconsin. Each listing provides information on the types of services provided and the payment options available. You can also find accreditations and certifications to help you determine if the rehab center is trusted and has the expertise you are looking for. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact a treatment specialist at 1-800-304-2219.
Commitment to Quality
Addicted.org's team of addiction professionals has over 100 years of combined experience in the field of substance use and addiction recovery. They use this experience when assessing each service listed in our directory. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding any of the listings in our directory, you can contact the team directly at Communications@addicted.org. We will utilize your feedback to make any necessary updates to our list of services.
Wisconsin Long-Term Treatment
It is our belief that long-term rehab is the most effective approach for a person who is looking to overcome their addiction. Here are some of the reasons why we believe this to be true:
- Clients have the chance to build and establish lifelong relationships during treatment, which can be beneficial to their sobriety.
- The family dynamic can be addressed through family counseling, which can help mend and repair broken bonds.
- The facilities are often situated in remote locations, where clients are free from distractions and can focus solely on their recovery.
- The length of treatment offers a chance for multiple treatment methodologies to be incorporated.
Ask a Professional
Addicted.org's Evaluation of Wisconsin
After looking at the available information and statistics for drug and alcohol rehabilitation in Iowa, addicted.org has developed the following list of pros and cons:
- Although Wisconsin doesn’t offer an expanded Medicaid program, all residents who qualify have access to Medicaid or subsidies to help them purchase private insurance.
- There are more than 200 substance abuse treatment facilities in Wisconsin.
- Of these, more than 190 accept Medicaid for payment of service.
- Very few treatment providers are located in the northern portion of the state. That means residents may need to travel to find adequate help.
- Only 35 of the 214 addiction treatment providers in Wisconsin offer detoxification services. Without detox, many patients could not become drug-free or begin treatment.
In our professional opinion, Wisconsin has many drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs that aren’t accessible or don’t provide the services needed to address the problem that exists in the state. More programs that accept Medicaid and offer detox services are needed as the drug epidemic worsens.
State and Local Resources in Wisconsin
- The Wisconsin Department of Health Services works to prevent and treat substance use disorders and provide support for people seeking or already in recovery.
- Extensive information is provided to help you find and choose alcohol and other drug abuse treatment programs in the state.
After attending long-term drug rehab in Wisconsin, it is crucial to receive aftercare to maintain sobriety and reinforce what you learned during treatment. Inpatient drug rehab is effective, but it takes place in a sheltered environment where there is always support. As individuals transition back into their lives after rehab, some stressors and responsibilities may be difficult to deal with. Outpatient aftercare programs, sober living facilities, and other support services are available in Wisconsin to make your transition easier.